Friday, February 20, 2015

Sundown at Dawn...Letters and Love

John Starr has returned to his family home. He's met a woman with whom he  had a brief college romance. As their new relationship deepened into love, Starr has begun a week of written seduction. One letter per day.
 
 

"John and Maddy had known each other for two months of this new life, when a letter arrived at Maddy’s shop. It was from John.  Puzzled by receiving a letter when she now saw him nearly every day, she closed her office door and opened the envelope.

"Dearest Maddy,
Our life and our relationship began many years ago with the written word. Those words and our time together now, have given me more than I could ever have imagined and poorly deserve.

There are so many things that I want to say when we are together, yet spoken words fail me. I hope to do better in the future, but for now I want to speak of my feelings with the written word which served us  well  so long ago.

When first I saw you in this new life, your beauty stunned me. Your gaze held me motionless. The room emptied of all others. Only you remained.

When first we met, you stood framed by a spray of brilliant flowers. Their colors faded to insignificance in your presence.
 
You took my breath away.
 
When first we spoke, your voice sparkled, shaming singing angels. I said little. A silence had fallen upon me like that imparted by the Aurora Borealis rippling silently across the summer sky, the silence that follows a summer thunderstorm. You simply said my name and I was struck dumb.

We hardly touched. I hoped that would come later.

We parted with a gentle kiss.

When next we met at the Aerie, we acknowledged the electricity between us. You said we needed to take things slowly. We drank in the pleasure of Lilly’s happy laughter. We touched, we shared newly-discovered innocent  delights.

We parted with a tender kiss.

Days passed and we next met at the café on the hill. We learned more of each other during our lives apart, our triumphs and our disappointments. I was mesmerized by a wisp of hair that had fallen across one eye. I wanted to reach out to brush it back, but it suited you and enhanced your allure.

Your delightful mother joined us for lunch and regaled us with ribald stories which made you blush and endeared her to me. I longed to touch you, to feel your physical presence. Instead I caressed you with my eyes, touched you with my soul. We fooled no one that day, we were an open book to your mother, and she approved.

We parted without touching.  I felt cheated.

We spent long and languorous days at the Aerie. We ran, we swam. I learned that I had met my match in both. We talked, we shared.

We lay on our sides in front of the fireplace at night, both facing the fire, closely tucked together from head to toe.
 
Would that we had been naked, but if not that day…When?
 
The warmth of your body flooded my mind with erotic longing. My lips at the nape of your neck. My tongue finding the throbbing pulse at the side of your graceful throat. The fresh scent of your hair invading my senses. The mesmerizing  fire turning your face to a golden glow.

You have been in my heart since our first meeting, but I need  you in my arms, your breath on my skin. I can never get enough, it seems, of the scent, the sight, the sound and the touch of you.

I fall asleep at night thinking of you. I dream erotic dreams of you. I awaken with the imagined sensation of your lips on mine.

My days are consumed with you. I see you wherever I turn.
 
I know that I said, “A life ahead and time enough.”

But now is the time...and it will never be enough.

If not now…When?"
John had stopped writing at that point. She sat staring at the pages, as if willing them to fill with more words. They had transported her to a place where she felt as if she were floating, slipped free of any earthly bonds. She had no idea that written words could affect her so deeply."


Available on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Sundown-at-Dawn-ebook/dp/B00CNV3CNG/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_1_EDD6

Hard copy:
http://www.thebookpatch.com/BookStoreResults?search=sundown%20at%20dawn&ddl=any

No comments:

Post a Comment